Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Harris Campaign Turns JD Vance's 'Damning Non-Answer' On 2020 Election Into Brutal New Ad

JD Vance and Tim Walz
CBS News

During Tuesday night's Vice Presidential debate, JD Vance refused to say Donald Trump lost the 2020 election and the Harris campaign has turned the moment into a brutal new ad.

Make us preferred on Google

Following last night's vice presidential debate, Vice President Kamala Harris's campaign hit back at former President Donald Trump's running mate J.D. Vance after Vance refused to say Trump lost the 2020 election, turning his "damning non-answer" into a brutal new ad.

During the debate, Kamala Harris's running mate Governor Tim Walz asked Vance directly who won the 2020 election and instead of answering, Vance pivoted away from the question altogether. Vance also minimized the significance of the insurrection of January 6, 2021, when a pro-Trump mob stormed the U.S. Capitol in an attempt to halt the certification of the election results.


When Walz asked Vance "did [Trump] lose the 2020 election?" Vance dodged, answering:

"Tim, I'm focused on the future."

To that, Walz replied:

"That is a damning non-answer."

Afterward, the Harris campaign told reporters that Vance's response was "the top moment of the night" and pledged to release a new ad skewering his remarks.

Sure enough, the ad dropped this morning, featuring the exchange above followed by footage showing Trump's supporters storming the Capitol on January 6, as the caption reads:

"If we elect Donald Trump, the past will be the future."

Then the ad concludes with Walz's frank observation:

"America, I think you've got a really clear choice of who's gonna honor that democracy and who's gonna honor Donald Trump."

You can see the ad below.

Vance was swiftly called out.


Earlier this year, Vance told ABC News that if he had been vice president in 2020, he would not have certified the election results as Mike Pence did in 2021:

“If I had been vice president, I would have told the states, like Pennsylvania, Georgia and so many others, that we needed to have multiple slates of electors, and I think the U.S. Congress should have fought over it from there."
"That is the legitimate way to deal with an election that a lot of folks, including me, think had a lot of problems in 2020. I think that’s what we should have done.”

To clarify, the Constitution does not grant the vice president the authority to compel states to submit multiple slates of electors. Legal experts agree that such decisions rest solely with the states. In the case of the 2020 election, there was no legitimate basis for states to consider multiple slates of electors.

More from News/2024-election

Screenshot of Abby Philip and Scott Jennings
CNN

CNN Just Played A Montage Of Trump Attacking Women To Call Out Scott Jennings' Selective Outrage—And His Reaction Speaks Volumes

After conservative commentator Scott Jennings tried to cry foul over Georgia Democratic Senator Jon Ossoff's quip about President Donald Trump's problematic relationship with his aide Natalie Harp, CNN highlighted his selective outrage by playing a montage of Trump attacking various women.

Ossoff drew attention to the Trump-Harp relationship while discussing U.S. Navy sailors who have complained about the conditions aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln, which has been deployed in the Middle East since November of 2025.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of Donald Trump
Fox News

Trump Dragged After Bragging That He's 'Very Good At Flagpoles' In Bizarre Video

President Donald Trump was widely mocked after randomly boasting that he's "very good at flagpoles" while discussing his various White House construction projects with members of the press.

Trump, per CNN's Kasie Hunt, "spent 32 minutes… explaining in painstaking detail the changes that he’s bringing to the People’s House.” And at one point, he bragged about the “two beautiful flag poles on both sides of the White House.”

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of Sean Hannity with Darline Graham during broadcast
Fox News

Sean Hannity Hit With Brutal Reminder After He Defends Darline Graham's Lack Of National Security Knowledge

Fox News personality Sean Hannity was called out for his hypocrisy after defending Republican Senate candidate Darline Graham's stunning debate admission that "national security is not my thing."

Last month, Darline Graham was appointed by Governor Henry McMaster to temporarily fill the Senate seat previously occupied by her brother, the late Senator Lindsey Graham. President Donald Trump backed her candidacy for a full six-year term.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @Rainmaker1973's video
@Rainmaker1973/X

Man At Beach With Metal Detector Becomes Internet Hero After Helping Woman Find Her Lost Engagement Ring

As beautiful as sandy beaches are, they're like quicksand for jewelry and keys, so if someone drops their ring or necklace or house key into the sand, there's a pretty good chance that it's gone forever.

Fortunately for one engaged couple, a man was using his metal detector and was able to help when the woman dropped her engagement ring in the sand.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @ocjusticeinitiative's Instagram video
@ocjusticeinitiative/Instagram

Indian-American Man Floored After Stranger Gives Him Racist 'Compliment' In Infuriating Viral Video

Sometimes, people are so racist, it's hard to tell if they're just that hatefully racist, or if they're intentionally trying to bait innocent people for views.

A woman approached an Indian-American man in a restaurant while he was enjoying a meal with his daughters, and she pretended to compliment him—but it was totally backhanded.

Keep ReadingShow less