Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

U.S. General Isn't Ruling Out Aliens After Fourth Unidentified Object Shot Down In Eight Days

YouTube screenshot of Air Force General Glen VanHerck
Tom Cotton/YouTube

Gen. Glen VanHerck, commander of NORAD, said he hasn't 'ruled out anything at this point.'

After an American fighter jet shot down an unidentified object on Sunday, February 12—the fourth such downing in eight days—Air Force General Glen VanHerck commander of North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) told reporters he hasn't ruled out the objects might be extraterrestrial in origin.

When asked about the possibility of alien activity, VanHerck said he will "let the intel community and the counterintelligence community figure that out," adding that he hasn't "ruled out anything at this point.”


VanHerck said his agency "will continue to assess every threat or potential threat unknown that approaches North America with the attempt to identify it."

You can hear his remarks in the video below.

Concerns about flying objects in North American skies hit a fever pitch in the last week after a Chinese spy balloon set off a diplomatic crisis and was later shot down over the Atlantic Ocean after the Pentagon advised President Joe Biden to wait until there would be no danger to people or property.

Since then, at least three other objects have been shot down.

One, which was shot down over Alaska, was described as “cylindrical and silverish gray” and with “no identifiable propulsion system.” Another, which was shot down along the U.S.-Canadian border, was described as a “small, cylindrical object," while a third, shot down over Lake Huron, was described as “an octagonal structure” with strings.

While one of these objects was initially described as a balloon, VanHerck said he is "not gonna categorize them as balloons" because his agency is "calling them ‘objects’ for a reason."

He added:

“Certainly the event off the South Carolina coast for the Chinese spy balloon, that was clearly a balloon. These were objects.” ...
“It could be a gaseous type of balloon inside a structure, or it could be some type of a propulsion system."

While an official with the Department of Defense (DOD) said there is "no indication of aliens or extraterrestrial activity with these recent take downs," that hasn't stopped people from making memes and tweeting about the situation.

The jokes pretty much wrote themselves.



Amid all the hullabaloo over flying objects, the Chinese government has accused the United States of “illegally” flying high-altitude balloons into its airspace more than 10 times since January 2022,

The Chinese Foreign Ministry made the accusation without evidence, saying it is “common for US balloons to illegally enter other countries’ airspace.”

The White House has denied Beijing's accusation, noting that China "has a high-altitude surveillance balloon program for intelligence collection" that it has used to violate the sovereignty of the U.S. and over 40 countries across 5 continents."

Adrienne Watson, a spokeswoman for the National Security Council, said China is "scrambling to do damage control" after having "failed to offer any credible explanations for its intrusion into our airspace, airspace of others."

More from Trending

dog and cat snuggling together
Krista Mangulsone on Unsplash

Times Pet Owners 'Severely Underestimated' Their Pets' Intelligence

I've lived with cats—because no one owns a feline—most of my life. Some have been very clever creatures while others were real dingbats.

Family members have owned dogs whose talents also ran the gamut.

Keep ReadingShow less
Scott Bessent
Meet the Press/NBC News

Scott Bessent Blasted Over His Bonkers Suggestion For How To Bring Your Own Inflation Rate Down

Continuing to follow the example of MAGA Republican President Donald Trump, Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent appeared on Meet the Press Sunday to blame Democratic President Joe Biden for the financial downturn caused by Trump's tariff fiasco, then lied repeatedly about the state of the economy.

Meet the Press host Kristen Welker played a clip of MAGA Republican Vice President JD Vance telling a conservative audience at a Breitbart News event that Americans owe the Trump administration "a little bit of patience"—apparently while they figure out what tariffs are and how they work since they're rolling back more of them to lower consumer prices despite claiming Trump's tariffs don't affect consumer prices.

Keep ReadingShow less
Lindsay Lohan attends the men's final during day fifteen of the 2025 US Open Tennis Championships at USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center.
Elsa/Getty Images

Lindsay Lohan Is Now Sporting A New Accent—And Fans Aren't Sure What To Make Of It

In a twist freakier than a sequel to Freaky Friday, Lindsay Lohan has debuted yet another new accent—this time at the Fashion Trust Arabia Awards in Doha, Qatar.

Draped in a maroon, jewel-trimmed gown by The New Arrivals Ilkyaz Ozel and accompanied by her husband, Bader Shammas, and their 2-year-old son, Luai, the actress looked serene, elegant, and completely unbothered by the collective whiplash she was about to inflict on the internet.

Keep ReadingShow less
Jameela Jamil
Gilbert Flores/Variety/Getty Images

Jameela Jamil Speaks Out Against The Rise Of The 'Aesthetic Of Emaciation' Among Women In Hollywood

Content Warning: eating disorders, thinness as an aesthetic, emaciation in Hollywood

There's no denying that we've been gifted with some incredible music, television shows, and films this year.

Keep ReadingShow less
Donald Trump; Screenshot of Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker in "Rush Hour 2"
Andrew Caballero-Reynolds/AFP via Getty Images; New Line Cinema

Trump Is Now Using His Presidential Sway To Pressure Studio Into Making 'Rush Hour 4'—And, Huh?

President Trump has reportedly pressured Paramount head Larry Ellison to make another sequel to Rush Hour, his favorite buddy-cop movie, as the company looks to acquire Warner Bros. Discovery.

The first Rush Hour film, starring Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker, was released in 1998, received positive reviews, and made $245 million worldwide. Chan and Tucker returned for two sequels released in 2001 and 2007 respectively.

Keep ReadingShow less