Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Trump Blasted After Making Damning Admission About Where He'd 'Prefer' To Be Living

Donald Trump
Michael M. Santiago/Getty Images

The former President faced backlash on X, formerly Twitter, after admitting to supporters that he'd rather be living in Europe than the U.S.

Former President Donald Trump is facing criticism on social media after expressing a preference for living in Europe over being in the United States.

Trump made the statement during a rally in Windham, New Hampshire, where he addressed various topics, including the criminal indictments he is currently facing.


Last week, Trump was indicted in connection with Jack Smith's investigation into Trump's efforts to overturn his 2020 election loss, adding to the former president's legal woes including a federal grand jury indictment for stealing classified documents.

Trump faces four felony counts, including conspiracy to defraud the United States and conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding. The indictment further accuses him of attempting to exploit the events of January 6—the day a mob of his supporters attacked the United States Capitol on the false premise the election had been stolen—to further his quest to maintain power.

You can hear what Trump said in the video below.

Trump said:

"They know it's a phony story. They say he's going to jail."
"I could have been relaxing at Mar-a-Lago or in the south of France, which I would prefer to being in this country frankly."

A short video clip of Trump's remarks was widely shared on social media, particularly on X (formerly Twitter), where it garnered significant attention and millions of views.

Trump's comment about preferring the south of France over the United States sparked a backlash among some users on X, with criticism directed at the former President for what some perceived as an unpatriotic statement.



Trump—as is his custom—also used the rally as an opportunity to attack his political opponents, namely former New Jersey Republican Governor Chris Christie.

Christie spoke out against Trump after he referred to Christie as a "fat pig" and said Christie is "eating right now" and "can't be bothered."

Christie responded that Trump should "show up to the debate and say it to my face," an attempt to goad Trump into participating in the upcoming first Republican presidential debate, which is scheduled to be hosted by Fox News on August 23.

More from People/donald-trump

dog and cat snuggling together
Krista Mangulsone on Unsplash

Times Pet Owners 'Severely Underestimated' Their Pets' Intelligence

I've lived with cats—because no one owns a feline—most of my life. Some have been very clever creatures while others were real dingbats.

Family members have owned dogs whose talents also ran the gamut.

Keep ReadingShow less
Scott Bessent
Meet the Press/NBC News

Scott Bessent Blasted Over His Bonkers Suggestion For How To Bring Your Own Inflation Rate Down

Continuing to follow the example of MAGA Republican President Donald Trump, Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent appeared on Meet the Press Sunday to blame Democratic President Joe Biden for the financial downturn caused by Trump's tariff fiasco, then lied repeatedly about the state of the economy.

Meet the Press host Kristen Welker played a clip of MAGA Republican Vice President JD Vance telling a conservative audience at a Breitbart News event that Americans owe the Trump administration "a little bit of patience"—apparently while they figure out what tariffs are and how they work since they're rolling back more of them to lower consumer prices despite claiming Trump's tariffs don't affect consumer prices.

Keep ReadingShow less
Lindsay Lohan attends the men's final during day fifteen of the 2025 US Open Tennis Championships at USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center.
Elsa/Getty Images

Lindsay Lohan Is Now Sporting A New Accent—And Fans Aren't Sure What To Make Of It

In a twist freakier than a sequel to Freaky Friday, Lindsay Lohan has debuted yet another new accent—this time at the Fashion Trust Arabia Awards in Doha, Qatar.

Draped in a maroon, jewel-trimmed gown by The New Arrivals Ilkyaz Ozel and accompanied by her husband, Bader Shammas, and their 2-year-old son, Luai, the actress looked serene, elegant, and completely unbothered by the collective whiplash she was about to inflict on the internet.

Keep ReadingShow less
Jameela Jamil
Gilbert Flores/Variety/Getty Images

Jameela Jamil Speaks Out Against The Rise Of The 'Aesthetic Of Emaciation' Among Women In Hollywood

Content Warning: eating disorders, thinness as an aesthetic, emaciation in Hollywood

There's no denying that we've been gifted with some incredible music, television shows, and films this year.

Keep ReadingShow less
Donald Trump; Screenshot of Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker in "Rush Hour 2"
Andrew Caballero-Reynolds/AFP via Getty Images; New Line Cinema

Trump Is Now Using His Presidential Sway To Pressure Studio Into Making 'Rush Hour 4'—And, Huh?

President Trump has reportedly pressured Paramount head Larry Ellison to make another sequel to Rush Hour, his favorite buddy-cop movie, as the company looks to acquire Warner Bros. Discovery.

The first Rush Hour film, starring Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker, was released in 1998, received positive reviews, and made $245 million worldwide. Chan and Tucker returned for two sequels released in 2001 and 2007 respectively.

Keep ReadingShow less