Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Trump Gets Brutal Reminder After Claiming He Does The 'Impossible' At His Rallies

Screenshot of Donald Trump; Screenshot of Trump supporters leaving a Trump rally
@patriottakes/X; PTL Radio Show

Donald Trump claimed it's 'virtually impossible' to speak at his rallies for so long without anyone leaving, and he got instantly fact-checked

Former President Donald Trump was widely mocked after claiming it's "virtually impossible" to speak at his rallies for so long without anyone leaving, and he got instantly fact-checked.

In a conversation with podcaster Lex Fridman, who asked Trump about the difference between success in business and in politics, Trump implied that his ability to captivate audiences ensures that people stay engaged during his rallies.


He said:

“I have a lot of people that are in business that are successful and they’d like to go over to politics. And then you realize, they can’t speak. They choke.”
“Let’s say you’re talking about a big audience, but I get very big audiences and y’know, for many people, it’s virtually impossible to get up and speak for an hour and a half and have nobody leave. You know, it’s not an easy thing to do and it’s an ability.”

You can hear what he said in the video below.

Liberal activist and MeidasTouch editor Ron Filipkowski was quick to point out how wrong Trump was, sharing a video from June showing Trump supporters leaving one of his events.

Another poster shared C-SPAN footage of Trump supporters leaving a different event while Trump was mid-speech.

And another.

The mockery was swift.

Trump's remarks hark back to his documented obsession with crowd size.

Last month, he went so far as to accuse Vice President Kamala Harris's campaign of misleading voters about attendance at her own rallies, claiming Harris used artificial intelligence to make the crowd at a rally near Detroit, Michigan, appear larger than it was.

At the time, Trump claimed in a post on Truth Social that Harris "had NOBODY waiting, and the ‘crowd’ looked like 10,000 people!" Trump, who is facing criminal charges for attempting to overturn the 2020 election results, said Harris "should be disqualified because the creation of a fake image is ELECTION INTERFERENCE."

The Harris campaign later fact-checked him, noting a photo Trump claimed was altered "is an actual photo of a 15,000-person crowd for Harris-Walz in Michigan." The campaign noted that Trump had, unlike Harris, not spent time campaigning in swing states and mocked him for being "low energy."

More from News/2024-election

Robot dancing and falling
@ErenChenAI/X

Viral Video Of Robot Dancing Like Michael Jackson Before Crashing Hard On Some Stairs As Crowd Looks On Has The Internet Cackling

Videos of robots absolutely losing their minds in hiliarious ways are starting to become a genre all their own, and the latest entry is one heck of a specimen.

The internet is howling at a video of a robot dancing for a crowd to Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean" before losing its little robot mind when it ran into some stairs.

Keep ReadingShow less
Donald Trump
Kent Nishimura/AFP via Getty Images

The White House Just Praised Trump As 'The President Who Does It All'—And Critics Instantly Turned It Around On Them

On Tuesday, May 19, the White House's social media team decided MAGA Republican President Donald Trump needed an ego boost. So the account posted a photo of the POTUS in front of construction taking place at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue for his planned vanity project, an oversized golden ballroom that will dwarf the rest of the White House.

The White House post came just days after Trump shared his own weekend flurry of social media posts praising himself and attacking his perceived enemies.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of JD Vance
@atrupar/X

JD Vance Just Tried To Call Out Democrats' Hypocrisy Over 'No Kings' For A Completely Mind-Numbing Reason

Vice President JD Vance was roasted after he attempted to accuse Democrats of hypocrisy for supporting the "No Kings" movement even as they applauded King Charles during his recent state visit.

King Charles addressed a joint meeting of Congress last month, becoming only the second British monarch to do so after his mother, Queen Elizabeth II, who spoke in 1991. His speech came as Trump has repeatedly criticized British Prime Minister Keir Starmer over Britain’s refusal to back the U.S.-Israeli war on Iran. The broadly unpopular war has only added to Americans' grievances.

Keep ReadingShow less
John Travolta poses during the Propeller One-Way Night Coach photocall at the 79th annual Cannes Film Festival.
JB Lacroix/FilmMagic

John Travolta Just Explained Why He's Wearing His Much-Memed Berets At The Cannes Film Festival—And It Makes Sense

Among the glamorous gowns, tuxedos, and carefully curated red-carpet looks at Cannes, John Travolta somehow managed to steal attention with a collection of berets. After the photos sparked jokes across social media, the actor offered an explanation that is admittedly more researched than most people expected.

Travolta, 72, addressed the now-viral fashion choice during an interview with CNN, revealing that his repeated beret appearances weren't random. While promoting his directorial debut, Propeller One-Way Night Coach, at the film festival, he rotated through black, brown, and cream berets, often pairing them with wire-frame glasses and a neatly trimmed beard.

Keep ReadingShow less
Jake Lang
Ryan Murphy/Getty Images

Washington Nationals Ban Jan. 6 Rioter After He Unfurls White Nationalist Banner Targeting Immigrants During Game

During the Washington Nationals baseball team's game day "Salute to Service" honoring veterans and those currently serving in the military, a racist White nationalist banner was unfurled in the upper deck.

The banner promoted a far-right website and called for someone to "save America" by deporting over 100 million.

Keep ReadingShow less