Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Subway Restaurant Worker Says She Was Suspended After Video Shows Her Fighting Off Armed Robber

Subway Restaurant Worker Says She Was Suspended After Video Shows Her Fighting Off Armed Robber
@yadalove07/TikTok

An Illinois woman working at a Subway fast-food restaurant claimed she was suspended from her job after surveillance footage showed she fought off an armed robber.

The leaked security footage that was first shared with local news site RockfordScanner showed Araceli Sotelo, of Rockford, grappling with the assailant who walked into the store and went behind the sandwich counter on September 5, 2021.


Sotelo posted the video on her TikTok account, @yadalove07, where it racked up over 8.2 million views.

She captioned the video with:

"A man came into my job and tried to rob me."

Warning: armed robbery attempt.

The two struggled inside the empty store, with no other attendants, until the robber dropped his gun and Sotelo managed to snatch it up.

At one point, she thwacked him with his weapon as he tried to get it back.

He was last seen in the video holding onto Sotelo's purse as the two disappeared out of frame.

Many TikTokers commented on her bravery as she valiantly fought off the intruder.

@yadalove07/TikTok

@yadalove07/TikTok

@yadalove07/TikTok


@yadalove07/TikTok



On Friday, Sotelo wrote an update in the comments, claiming the restaurant chain had suspended her.

@yadalove07/TikTok


Representatives for Subway did not confirm her claim; however, a spokesperson did say:

"We are deeply concerned about the recent incident at a franchised location in Rockford, Illinois."
"The restaurant owner and management are fully cooperating with the police investigation, and we request patience until that process is complete."
"Every restaurant is independently owned and operated. We are in contact with the franchisee to better understand the situation and assist as needed."

The statement was not good enough for TikTokers.

@yadalove07/TikTok

@yadalove07/TikTok

@yadalove07/TikTok

@yadalove07/TikTok


Sotelo's mother, Sylvia Oviedo, started a GoFundMe campaign for her daughter, who is now out of work.

Oviedo said her daughter's purse was stolen by the assailant seen in the security footage, and she asserted that "nothing from the store was stolen."

"Her manager has now suspended her from work leaving her without a job after she heroically defended the store," the mother wrote in the campaign description.

"My daughter now has a broken phone, no ID, No debit card, and no purse and he refuses to compensate her for any of it."

The post was updated to reflect the money raised was "being used towards an Attorney and lost wages."

So far, 780 donors made contributions totaling $19,195 of its $20,000 goal.

More from Trending

Pam Bondi
Tom Williams/CQ-Roll Call, Inc via Getty Images

Photo Of Epstein Victims Standing Behind Pam Bondi As She Ignores Them Goes Viral—And It's One For The History Books

Attorney General Pam Bondi's appearance before the House Judiciary Committee will now forever be associated with a viral photo captured by Getty Images photographer Roberto Schmidt showing several victims of the late financier, sex trafficker, and pedophile Jeffrey Epstein raising their hands to signal that Bondi and the Justice Department had ignored their accounts.

Democrats repeatedly pressed Bondi over what they described as her dismissive posture toward the crimes of Epstein and the influential figures named in recently released files.

Keep ReadingShow less
Margot Robbie attends the "Wuthering Heights" Australian Premiere at State Theatre in Sydney, Australia.
Don Arnold/WireImage via Getty Images

Fans Horrified After Margot Robbie Reveals Weight-Shaming 'Gift' She Once Got From Male Costar

Margot Robbie is reflecting on a moment from early in her career that still stings.

The Australian actor and producer appeared on Complex’s GOAT Talk series on February 9, where she sat down with Charli XCX to discuss her career, romance films, and the worst gift she has ever received. What followed was a candid story about a male costar who handed her something that felt less like a present and more like a pointed message.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot from Redditor Bulgingpants' Reddit post
u/Bulgingpants/Reddit

Restaurant Sparks Heated Debate After Adding Mandatory 20% No-Tipping Fee To Diners' Checks

Tipping culture is an incredibly divisive topic, leading people to question if customers and restaurant guests should be made responsible for the livelihood of those who serve them their meals at these establishments.

Redditor Bulgingpants added fuel to the fire when they shared a receipt in the "End Tipping" subReddit from a restaurant called Burdell in Oakland, California, remarking:

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @hackedliving's TikTok video
@hackedliving/TikTok

Viral Video Of Delivery Robot Maneuvering Around Unhoused Man In Miami Is Honestly So Dystopian

Technology is here to make our lives more convenient and successful, but it has a chilling way of calling out problems that we're experiencing.

In a TikTok video recorded by TikToker @hackedliving, an delivery robot named "Akira" was seen rolling down a sidewalk in Miami, eyes blinking as it approached its destination.

Keep ReadingShow less
'Dawson's Creek' cast
Warner Bros./Getty Images

'Dawson's Creek' Stars Lead Poignant Tributes To James Van Der Beek After His Tragic Death At 48

After revealing to the public in November 2025 that he was battling colorectal cancer, James Van Der Beek passed away on Wednesday, February 11, 2026, at the age of 48.

Fans became concerned last December about the severity of his condition when Van Der Beek was unable to appear at the Dawson's Creek reunion at New York's Richard Rodgers Theatre, due to having multiple illnesses at once because of his weakened immune system.

Keep ReadingShow less