Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Former Republican Calls Out Trump To His Face With Brutal String Of Failures During Town Hall—And Hoo Boy

Screenshots of Ramiro Gonzalez and Donald Trump
Univision

During a Univision Town Hall, former Republican Ramiro Gonzalez asked Trump to "try to win back my vote" and it did not go well.

Former Republican Ramiro Gonzalez called out former President Donald Trump during a Univision town hall, pointing out a string of Trump's failures after asking Trump to "win back my vote"—and Trump's response didn't help.

Gonzalez, a Florida Republican, said he was disturbed by Trump's actions on and after the January 6 insurrection, the day a mob of Trump's supporters attacked the U.S. Capitol on the false premise that the 2020 election had been stolen. He also questioned Trump's coronavirus response and how so many of his former officials refuse to support him this year.


He said:

"I am a Republican, no longer registered. I want to give you an opportunity to try and win back my vote. Your action and inaction during your presidency during the last few years was a little disturbing to me."
"What happened during January 6 and the fact that you waited so long to take action while attacking the Capitol. [The coronavirus pandemic] I thought the country was misled during the coronavirus and more lives could have been saved if we had been informed better. And also people in your administration who don't support you."
"I'm curious how people so close to you and your administration no longer want to support you so why would I want to support you? If you would answer these questions for me, I'd really appreciate it and I'll give you the opportunity. Your own vice president [Mike Pence] doesn't want to support you now."

To the surprise of no one, Trump gave a rambling response trying to defend himself against Gonzalez's concerns:

"The people who don't support are a very small portion. We have a tremendous, about 97% of the people in the administration support me but because it's me when someone doesn't support they get a little publicity. [Pence] I disagreed with him. I totally disagree with what he did."
“You had hundreds of thousands of people come to Washington. They didn’t come because of me, they came because of the election. They thought the election was a rigged election and that's why they came. Some of those people came down to the Capitol, I said 'peacefully' and 'patriotically.'"
"Nothing was done wrong. Nothing done wrong. Action was taken, strong action. Ashlii Babbit was killed. No one was killed. We didn't have guns down there. Other people had guns. They didn't have guns. When I say 'we,' these are people that walked down, this was a tiny percentage of what nobody sees, nobody shows."
"That was a day of love from the standpoint of the millions, the hundreds of thousands. The largest people I've ever spoken, they asked me to speak and I spoke. I used the term 'peacefully' and 'patriotically.'"

And of course he pivoted to attacking Democrats:

"You look at the Democrats, what they say, you look at Maxine Waters and Hillary Clinton. You look at what they say and don't put that on, they only put Republicans on. They couldn't get me because I said 'peacefully' and 'patriotically.'"
"We'll see how it all works out but right now we're in another election. I want honest elections. I'm willing to take any chance. I just want honest elections."

You can watch the exchange in the video below.

The look on Gonzalez's face said it all—and many online observers slammed Trump's response on his behalf.



All of Trump's claims essentially ignore that his own intelligence agencies determined the 2020 election was both free and fair.

In fact, a statement from the Trump administration's own Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), part of a joint statement from the Election Infrastructure Government Coordinating Council and the Election Infrastructure Sector Coordinating Executive Committees, affirmed the agencies found "no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised."

Moreover, the gravity of the insurrection cannot be understated: it resulted in at least five deaths, over 100 injuries to law enforcement—some of whom were forced to retire or resign due to PTSD—and millions of dollars in property damage to the Capitol building.

More from News/2024-election

Screenshot of AI-generated Trump Mobile logo from video
@TrumpMobile/X

New Trump Mobile Promo Video Called Out For Being AI Slop In Hilariously Blunt Fact-Check

Following backlash from MAGA fans who complained they'd not received their Trump Mobile phones or their $100 deposits back, the company announced that it is indeed shipping out the phones soon by releasing a new AI video of what they look like, only to be criticized for revamping a phone that is already on the market.

The Trump Mobile T1 phone was unveiled in June 2025 on the 10th anniversary of Trump’s original presidential campaign launch, marking the Trump brand’s debut in the mobile device and wireless service market. At the time, the company said the phone would be available in August 2025.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of JD Vance; Donald Trump
@Acyn/X; Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images

JD Vance Just Said The Quiet Part Out Loud About What Trump Really 'Takes Seriously' As President—And Yep, That Tracks

In his announcement this week that the Trump administration will be withholding $1.3 billion in Medicaid payments from California due to alleged fraud, Vice President JD Vance had people raising their eyebrows after claiming that President Donald Trump "takes fraud seriously."

As part of his role overseeing anti-fraud efforts, Vance said the administration is targeting California because state officials are not taking Medicaid fraud seriously enough. Vance claimed both California and American taxpayers were being “defrauded” and alleged that some patients had been given unnecessary medications after fraudsters encouraged “false prescriptions” and improper treatment.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @itsgoobz's TikTok video
@itsgoobz/TikTok

Woman Goes Viral After Revealing How She Caught Her Husband Cheating Thanks To His iCloud Account

Cheating is an absolute dealbreaker in most relationships—but when you add three children to the mix, it escalates to a level of betrayal that there's really no coming back from.

It's even worse when the cheater does little to apologize for or even acknowledge what they have done.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @maggieeatsss's TikTok video
@maggieeatsss/TikTok

Mom Goes Viral After Confronting Her Son About His Bullying Behavior At School—And Parents Are Applauding

Parents might not want to think about it or talk about it, but at some point, their children are going to make some mistakes, and the true test of their parenting is how they respond in those moments.

So when TikToker @maggieeatsss found out that her son had been bullying a kid at school, she knew there was no time to waste.

Keep ReadingShow less
North Carolina Mom Slams MAGA Congresswoman For Attacking Her 10-Year-Old Son And His Teacher In 'Horrific' Letter
FOX8 WGHP/YouTube; Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images

North Carolina Mom Slams MAGA Congresswoman For Attacking Her 10-Year-Old Son And His Teacher In 'Horrific' Letter

Greensboro, North Carolina, mother Emily Mango is upset with MAGA Republican Representative Virginia Foxx over a letter the North Carolina legislator sent to her 10-year-old son in response to a school assignment.

Mango shared that her son Christian, who is in the 4th grade, was tasked with a writing exercise. Students were to compose a persuasive essay on a topic of their choosing and send it to a changemaker.

Keep ReadingShow less