Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Prince Harry Says Thought Of Piers Morgan Listening To Diana's Private Messages Makes Him 'Physically Sick'

Prince Harry; Piers Morgan
Carl Court/Getty Images, Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images

Harry blasted Morgan, who was editor of the 'Daily Mirror' at the time, for listening to Princess Diana's private voicemail in his testimony against Mirror Group Newspapers, who he is suing for alleged phone-hacking.

Prince Harry said the thought of Piers Morgan having had access to and listening to Princess Diana's private messages made him "physically sick" during his testimony in London's High Court in his legal case against Mirror Group Newspapers.

The Duke of Sussex—who shared he was emotionally scarred by British tabloids as a child—is suing for damages from the British tabloid publisher. Mirror Group publishes over 240 regional papers including The Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror and Sunday People.


The Prince made history by becoming the first senior Royal to take the witness box in 130 years.

In the trial covering 33 stories published between 1995 and 2011, the Royal claimed journalists from those publishing titles obtained information through illegal tactics like phone-hacking, deception and using private investigators for unlawful activities.

“I would say their actions affected every area of my life,” Harry wrote in his witness statement.

He shared the trauma stemming from the articles he believed originated from the hacking.

According to the Prince the stories adversely affected his personal relationships.

“It created a huge amount of paranoia in my relationships."
"I would become immediately suspicious of anyone that was named in a story about me."
"I felt that I couldn’t trust anybody, which was an awful feeling for me especially at such a young age.”

Also in his statement, Harry took aim at Piers Morgan.

Morgan was the editor for The Daily Mirror between 1995 and 2004–a period which included the time Harry's mother, Diana the Princess of Wales, was killed in a vehicular collision in Paris in 1997.

In the trial, Harry's lawyer David Sherborne presented letters to the court that Diana had written to English actor Morgan Barrymore about a "secret meeting" as claiming that as a child, Harry was impacted by the unlawful information-gathering techniques used by the press.

Sherborne mentioned that Morgan said he "heard rumors" of meetings between Diana and Barrymore, which the British presenter mentioned in his 2005 book The Insider.

Sherborne claimed the reason why Morgan may have heard about those meetings was because The Daily Mirror journalists would have listened to “private messages."

Harry said in his witness statement:

“The thought of Piers Morgan and his band of journalists earwigging into my mother’s private and sensitive messages … makes me feel physically sick and even more determined to hold those responsible, including Mr. Morgan, accountable for their vile and entirely unjustified behavior."



In an interview with the BBC, Morgan–who previously called the Netflix trailer for the Harry & Meghan docuseries "vomit-inducing"–denied knowing of any phone-hacking incidents at The Daily Mirror.

He also said their methods were “completely wrong” and it was “lazy journalists being lazy.”

Twitter enjoyed watching Morgan trying to keep his cool while in the hot seat.






The Duke of Sussex also pointed to evidence disclosed by the Mirror Group Newspapers that its papers had made 289 payments to private investigators to gather information on him and his associates.

Harry wrote:

“I understand from my solicitors [that these] are huge numbers in the context of this litigation, especially considering that the defendant is known to have concealed and destroyed evidence of their wrongdoing on an industrial scale."
“I now realize that my acute paranoia of being constantly under surveillance was not misplaced after all.”

The Prince is also suing Murdoch’s News Group Newspapers, publisher of The Sun, and Associated Newspapers Limited–which owns Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday, Metro, i newspaper, and New Scientist–for similar claims of phone hacking and other unlawful tactics to get information and invade Harry's privacy.

More from Trending

Jesse Watters
Fox News

Jesse Watters Dragged After Adding Another Mind-Boggling Rule For 'Real Men'

Fox News host Jesse Watters, who is apparently an authority of what it means to be a manly man, gave jazz hands to make a point about how "real men" should or shouldn't wave.

The target of his ridicule was Tim Walz, the enthusiastic Democratic Minnesota governor and vice presidential candidate who often greets the public by raising both hands in the air to wave.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots of crowd at town hall and Rep. Mike Flood
@MorePerfectUS/X; KETV NewsWatch 7

GOP Rep. Goes Viral For His Response To Crowd Chanting 'Tax The Rich' At Town Hall

Nebraska Republican Representative Mike Flood was criticized following his incredulous response to a crowd that chanted "Tax the rich!" during a town hall meeting.

The Columbus High School auditorium hosted the town hall on Tuesday evening, drawing "nearly 380" attendees, according to local network KETV Omaha. The event was lively, with Flood facing both sharp criticism over Trump administration policies and some appreciation for showing up in person.

Keep ReadingShow less
Elon Musk
Andrew Harnik/Getty Images

Awkward Typo In Elon Musk's Bizarre 'Education Department' Trump Meme Is A Total Self-Own

Billionaire Elon Musk was widely mocked after he celebrated President Donald Trump's executive order to begin to dismantle the Department of Education (DOE) by posting a meme of Trump at the department's grave, only for an awkward misspelling to get all the attention.

Polling indicates that eliminating the Education Department is largely unpopular, with 60% of registered voters opposing the move, according to a Quinnipiac University survey conducted March 6-10. Support stands at 33%, with opposition particularly strong among Democrats—98% oppose it, while just 1% support it.

Keep ReadingShow less
JB Pritzker; Donald Trump
Jacek Boczarski/Anadolu via Getty Images; Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images

Dem Governor Reveals Trump's Bonkers Demand In Exchange For Equipment During COVID

Illinois Democratic Governor J.B. Pritzker revealed during a speech this week that he clashed with President Donald Trump during the first Trump administration after Trump promised necessary medical equipment during the COVID pandemic on the condition that Pritzker praise him publicly.

Five years ago, the United States was grappling with the initial impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. The country had entered shutdowns that had severe economic consequences, leaving businesses and industries on the brink of collapse.

Keep ReadingShow less
Scrabble tiles spelling the word scam
Scam spelled with scrabbles on a wooden table

People Break Down How They Realized An Entire Industry Was A Total Scam

We unfortunately live in a world where scams are on the rise.

Thankfully, some of them are pretty easy to detect, such as an automated call from the IRS telling you a warrant is out for your arrest, or an email claiming to be from Amazon or the USPS asking for your credit card information, only to look closer and see the email address is a yahoo account.

Keep ReadingShow less