Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Parkland Survivor David Hogg Celebrates NRA's Potential Dissolution With String Of Elated Tweets

Parkland Survivor David Hogg Celebrates NRA's Potential Dissolution With String Of Elated Tweets
Emma McIntyre/Getty Images

This week, the New York Attorney General filed a lawsuit that could lead to the dissolution of the National Rifle Association, following an 18-month investigation into allegations of abuse and fraud.

This was great news for gun control advocates, as the political force of the NRA has proven powerful and nearly impossible to overcome.


One of the most excited voices was a survivor of theParkland, Florida Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in 2018, David Hogg.

He took to Twitter in a string of tweets proclaiming his feelings.




New York AG, Letitia James filed the lawsuit Thursday that alleges top NRA executives misused money from the charity organization for personal gain. Due to the excessive nature of the series of abuses, James seeks the dissolution of the organization much the same as the Trump Foundation was required to do after allegations of fraud and abuse.

The suit is extensive in its allegations, not just against the organization, but against specific executives as well. CEO Wayne LaPierre, former CFO Woody Phillips and former chief of staff Joshua Powell are all specifically named and accused of abuse in addition to the NRA as a whole.

Hogg has been waging his own battle to stop the NRA after the horrific shooting at his high school. He wanted to start an opposition organization to push people to vote, and eventually, push for reform on gun laws.

He's one of the founders of March for Our Lives, a student led organization determined to prevent gun violence in the United States.

The group also felt the need to troll the NRA upon hearing the news.



The NRA has responded to the allegations calling them a "baseless, premeditated attack" on the organization. They espoused their mission to defend the second amendment, and emphasized that they wouldn't be bullied.

People responded online.




Even before this lawsuit, the NRA was experiencing hard times. They faced legal trouble from congressional inquiries and internal whistleblower complaints. These have led to a nearly $100 million hit in lost revenue, according to LaPierre.

How this will affect the 2020 election remains to be seen. But if the GOP loses one of their biggest campaign supporters, it may not look good for them.

More from Trending

Screenshot of Elon Musk and Ted Cruz
Verdict with Ted Cruz

Ted Cruz Mocked For Breathlessly Promoting Musk's Bizarre 'Magic Money Computers' Claim

Texas Republican Senator Ted Cruz was widely mocked for hosting billionaire Elon Musk on his The Verdict podcast, only for Musk's appearance to derail after he began talking about "magic money computers" throughout Trump's governmental agencies.

Musk has garnered fierce criticism for slashing funding and personnel at federal agencies via his fake department "DOGE" despite not being an elected official—and a foreign-born, unelected official at that.

Keep ReadingShow less
Ellen Pompeo
Jimmy Kimmel Live!

Ellen Pompeo Hilariously Explains Why She Won't Let Her Daughter Watch 'Grey's Anatomy' Yet

Grey's Anatomy star Ellen Pompeo stopped by Jimmy Kimmel Live! and dished on why her 10-year-old daughter, Sienna, hasn't seen the long-running ABC medical drama just yet.

The 55-year-old SAG/AFTRA Award winner told Kimmel:

Keep ReadingShow less
Harvey Fierstein
Manny Carabel/Getty Images

Harvey Fierstein Speaks Out After His Shows Are 'Banned' From Trump's Kennedy Center

Renowned Tony-winning playwright and actor Harvey Fierstein urged people to fight back against Republican President Donald Trump's attack on American arts and culture in a blistering Instagram post.

The 72-year-old, known for his critically acclaimed works such as Torch Song Trilogy and La Cage aux Folles, said he had been "banned" from the Kennedy Center, the treasured cultural center of the U.S. in Washington, D.C.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots of Elise Hensley and the bartender from Chatterbox
News 8

MAGA Fans Melt Down After Woman Is Kicked Out Of Bar For Wearing Trump Hat

President Donald Trump's supporters cried foul after Indianapolis woman Elise Hensley claimed she was kicked out of an Indianapolis bar for wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat—prompting many to call out the blatant hypocrisy.

Hensley claims she was removed from a local bar for wearing a MAGA hat, while the bar maintains she was asked to leave for harassing an employee. According to Hensley, she and her friends visited the popular Chatterbox Jazz Club on Friday night, a venue they’ve frequented before. However, this time, some of them decided to wear hats in support of Trump.

Keep ReadingShow less
Meteorologist Goes Viral After Donning Iconic 'Clueless' Outfit For Weather Report

Meteorologist Goes Viral After Donning Iconic 'Clueless' Outfit For Weather Report

Bad weather? As if!

An ITV meteorologist in the UK channeled Alicia Silverstone's main character energy—and line delivery—in a recent morning weather report.

Keep ReadingShow less