Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Mother Of Boy Thrown Off Mall Of America Balcony By Stranger Breaks Silence About The Ordeal

Kari Hoffman; Landen Hoffman
@GMA/Twitter

Mom Kari Hoffman recounted to 'Good Morning America' how a stranger threw her 5-year-old son off a third-floor balcony at the Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota, back in April of 2019.

Make us preferred on Google

A Minnesota woman whose son was thrown from a third-floor balcony at the Mall of America is breaking her silence on the horrific experience.

In April 2019, Kari Hoffman watched in horror as a stranger hurled her five-year-old off the balcony, resulting in multiple broken bones, including a life-threatening skull fracture.


Now that her son has made a miraculous recovery, Hoffman is ready to speak out about the incident and was recently interviewed on Good Morning America about the horrifying ordeal.

Hoffman told GMA that her son's recovery has finally made her able to talk about that April day and has compelled her to "move forward" from it.

She said:

"I was frozen in time until I was able to speak, and now is the time that is right in our lives where we've done a lotta healing, where it's time to move forward with the story of the miracle of Landen."

The incident occurred on a trip to the Bloomington, Minnesota shopping center, the largest in the US and 11th largest in the world, to celebrate her son Landen's positive parent-teacher conference report.

While Hoffman, Landen and his friend were looking at a robotic alligator at the mall's Rainforest Cafe, they were suddenly approached by a stranger who snatched Landen and ran away.

Hoffman described the horror of what happened next.

"I was just frozen … It happened so fast. I screamed, 'No!' after he was already thrown."
"I don't even remember running down the escalators, but I was screaming the whole time, 'No, Landen's not gonna die.'"

Landen was rushed to the hospital and immediately taken into brain trauma surgery.

He remained in the hospital for four months. He was released just five days before his first day of kindergarten.

A month after the attack, Landen's assailant pleaded guilty to attempted first-degree murder, saying he was "looking for someone to kill" the day he attacked Landen. He was sentenced to 19 years in prison.

On Twitter, many vividly remembered the incident and were happy to hear 8-year-old Landen is doing well.












Landen's attacker had previously been banned from the Mall of America on two other occasions prior to the incident.

Accordingly, the Hoffman's filed a lawsuit against the Mall of America, claiming they should have prevented the attacker from entering the mall.

The lawsuit was settled December 5.

More from Trending

Dylan Gadeke; Christina Toni Kulusich and Disney performer
@dylangadeke/TikTok; @babytoni99/TikTok

Former Disneyland Peter Pan Defends Viral 'Peter Pan Girl' After She's Hit With Backlash For 'Stalking' Performers

So-called Disney Adults are a breed apart, for sure. But they also get more flak online than probably any other subculture out there.

And at the moment, nobody is bearing the brunt of that more than Christina Toni Kulusich, a Disney superfan and TikToker, who's become online-famous for her downright obsession with Peter Pan.

Keep ReadingShow less
screenshot from "Jesse Watters Primetime"
Fox News

Jesse Watters Dragged After Sounding The Alarm Over Video Of Mamdani Speaking Mandarin

New York City Democratic Socialist Mayor Zohran Mamdani shared a message in English, Mandarin (Chinese), Spanish, and Bengali (Bangla) about his plan—in partnership with the nonprofit Theatre Development Fund—to give away over 2,000 free Broadway tickets to one of seven participating shows.

Open to high school students in his city, sign-up began on August 13 for the lottery that will give kids an opportunity to experience the arts. The entry period ended on August 17 and winners will be chosen on September 1.

Keep ReadingShow less
Nancy Mace
Heather Diehl/Getty Images

Nancy Mace Called Out For Her Blatant Hypocrisy After Claiming Critics Of Her Tattoos Are 'Out Of Control'

South Carolina Republican Representative Nancy Mace was called out for her own hypocrisy after she complained that conservative critics of her tattoos are "out of control."

Mace recently showed off her heavily tattooed arms for the first time in a series of new videos. She revealed in a February interview with Politico that she had gotten nine tattoos, but had previously kept them hidden, typically wearing long sleeves whenever she appeared in photographs.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of Scott Jennings; Jon Ossoff
CNN; Paras Griffin/Getty Images

Scott Jennings Tried To Call Out Jon Ossoff For His 'Sexist Joke' About Trump's Young Aide—And It Didn't Go Well For Him

Conservative CNN commentator Scott Jennings was reminded of President Donald Trump's own misogyny after attacking Georgia Democratic Senator Jon Ossoff over his remarks about Trump's relationship with his aide Natalie Harp.

Last month, Trump reportedly took extraordinary security precautions during a trip to Turkey, secretly switching from Air Force One to a military aircraft after an alleged threat. Although he was publicly seen boarding the presidential jet, he was later transported to the military plane concealed inside a catering truck.

Keep ReadingShow less
Alyson Stoner (left) tearfully remembers their late Kingdom Hearts co-star Hayden Panettiere (right).
@alysonstoner/Instagram; Jamie McCarthy/WireImage

'Kingdom Hearts' Star Breaks Down In Tears Over Co-Star Hayden Panettiere's Death In Heart-Wrenching Video

Hayden Panettiere’s death is weighing heavily on Alyson Stoner, who tearfully remembered the actor.

Panettiere died at age 36 after being found unresponsive on August 16 in Greenville, South Carolina. Authorities responded to a 911 call involving an apparent “overdose” and “cardiac arrest,” though police found no signs of foul play. Her death remains under investigation.

Keep ReadingShow less