Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Kevin Hart Wheelchair-Bound After Foot Race With Ex-NFL Player

Screenshots from Kevin Hart's Instagram video
@kevinhart4real/Instagram

The actor learned the hard way that 'the age 40 is real' after challenging former New England Patriots player Stevan Ridley to a foot race.

Stand-up comedian and actor Kevin Hart had a rude awakening when he painfully discovered his agility was not quite as it used to be when he was younger.

On Wednesday, Hart posted a video telling followers about his latest predicament.


“This is just a public service announcement, because I know people may see me out and I don’t want you to be alarmed, but I’m in a wheelchair,” said The Secret Life of Pets voice actor.

The 44-year-old continued:

“Why? Because I tried to jump out there and do some young stuff.”
"44 and sitting my a** down!!!!!"
"I got to be the dumbest man alive!!!!! What the fuck am I doing????"
"I blew my sh*t….I’m done. FML."

Hart said he challenged former New England Patriots running back Stevan Ridley to a foot race after getting into a debate over who ran faster.

It turned out that the overzealous comedian was not a strong contender for the 40-yard dash against the 34-year-old athletic champ.

Hart wound up tearing his lower abdomen and hip abductors—muscles he joked about not having any clue what they were.

“Ladies and gentlemen, the age 40 is real," he informed fans, adding, "It's not a game."

"Respect that age — or that age will make you respect it. I was just forced to respect it."
"I tried to go out there and do some young man stuff and I was told to sit my a** down.”

Here is his video post of him delivering his PSA from a wheelchair.


His Hollywood peers who are now in their 50s–including Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Will Smith, Jamie Foxx, Cedric the Entertainer, and Tracee Ellis Ross–all commented on his physical setback.

@kevinhart4real/Instagram

@kevinhart4real/Instagram

@kevinhart4real/Instagram

@kevinhart4real/Instagram


@kevinhart4real/Instagram

Fans also shared their thoughts.

@kevinhart4real/Instagram

@kevinhart4real/Instagram

@kevinhart4real/Instagram

@kevinhart4real/Instagram



But Hart is determined to endure and recover fully after his humbling reality check.

After all, he did survive that serious car crash back in the early morning of September 1, 2019, that left him with three spinal fractures.

Hart also gave a shout-out to Ridley while relishing in his small win of getting the story out first.

He repeated the voice of his conscience, "Sit down," and continued lamenting:

"What are we competing for at this age? What am I doing? Why did I even race?"
"Stupidest sh*t ever. Now I can't walk, cuz I'm somewhere trying to get the title of the fastest [expletive] at the BBQ."
"It is what it is man. Life."

He ended the video by rehashing the same remark from the start of the video, "Welp," before hitting the stop button.

More from Trending

Andy Ogles; Bad Bunny
Heather Diehl/Getty Images; Neilson Barnard/Getty Images

MAGA Rep. Dragged After Claiming Bad Bunny's Halftime Show Depicted 'Gay Pornography'

Tennessee Republican Representative Andy Ogles was widely mocked after he claimed Bad Bunny's Super Bowl halftime show was "pure smut" that depicted "gay pornography"—even going so far as to write a letter to the Energy and Commerce Committee demanding "a formal congressional inquiry" into the "indecent broadcast."

The rapper, whose real name is Benito Antonio Martínez Ocasio, delivered a largely Spanish-language show that has been hailed as a "love letter to Puerto Rico" and that drew from his latest album, Debí Tirar Más Fotos, which won the Grammy for Album of the Year just a week ago.

Keep ReadingShow less
Chris Brown (left) and Bad Bunny (right) are pictured separately amid online backlash and praise following Bad Bunny’s record-breaking Super Bowl halftime performance.
Marc Piasecki/WireImage; Neilson Barnard/Getty Images

Chris Brown Slammed After Appearing To Throw Bizarre Shade At Bad Bunny's Halftime Show

Bad Bunny’s record-breaking halftime show pulled in over 135 million viewers—fans, stans, casual watchers, and yes, professional haters who tune in just to be mad. Which brings me to the loudest one in the room: Chris Brown.

Brown took to social media to offer an unsolicited—and frankly bizarre—reaction to the Puerto Rico-inspired performance, posting a cryptic message that immediately rubbed people the wrong way.

Keep ReadingShow less
Todd Richards; Big Air Snowboarder Seungeun Yu
@btoddrichards/Instagram; Ulrik Pedersen/NurPhoto via Getty Images

NBC Broadcaster Speaks Out After He's Caught On Hot Mic Trashing Men's Snowboarding Competition At Olympics

Well, we've officially got our first hot mic oopsie of the 2026 Milano Cortina Olympics!

Broadcaster Todd Richards took to Instagram Sunday to apologize for comments he made during the men's big air snowboarding event that he didn't realize were being broadcast.

Keep ReadingShow less
Amber Glenn; Donald Trump
Andy Cheung/Getty Images; Samuel Corum/Getty Images

Olympic Figure Skater Reveals 'Scary Amount' Of Threats She Got After Her Criticism Of Trump

Amber Glenn, the first openly queer woman to represent the U.S. in figure skating, spoke out in an Instagram post about the torrent of threats she's received after criticizing President Donald Trump's treatment of the LGBTQ+ community.

Glenn had voiced criticism of the Trump administration earlier in the week during a pre-Olympics press conference, describing the period as especially difficult for herself and others in the LGBTQ+ community. Her comments were among several political statements made by U.S. athletes in the run-up to the Winter Games in Milan, Italy.

Keep ReadingShow less
Rick Scott
Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images

MAGA Senator Slammed After Saying U.S. Olympians Critical Of Trump Should Be 'Stripped Of Their Olympic Uniform'

Florida Republican Senator Rick Scott was slammed after sharing a video criticizing U.S. Olympians who are conflicted about representing the United States amid President Donald Trump's controversial policies.

Scott spoke out after multiple Olympians made headlines for criticizing the Trump administration amid its nationwide immigration crackdown.

Keep ReadingShow less