Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Texas Parents Livid After Indian-American Son Gets Harsher Punishment Than White Student Who Choked Him

Texas Parents Livid After Indian-American Son Gets Harsher Punishment Than White Student Who Choked Him
@ravikarkara/Twitter

A viral video of an Indian-American student in Texas being choked by another student has sparked outrage after the Indian-American received a harsher punishment for the incident.

The incident occurred at Coppell Middle School in the Dallas area last week. The disturbing video shows a white student choking Indian-American student Shaan Pritmani and demanding he give up his seat at a table.


When Pritmani refused, the white student choked him even harder and dragged him away from the table as other students cheered. See video of the incident below. Be warned that some may find it disturbing.

In the wake of the incident, the school informed Pritmani's parents that he was found at fault for the incident and would receive a three-day in-school suspension as punishment, while the student who choked him received just one.

When Pritmani's parents submitted the viral video of the assault they were told by school officials that no amendments to the punishment would be made.

The school also allegedly demanded that a School Resource Officer not document the incident because the school has had so many bullying complaints. The Coppell Police Department also refused Pritmani's parents' request for a formal complaint.

In a statement, Coppell School Superintendent Dr. Brad Hunt said:

"Bullying, both verbal and physical, as well as physical acts of aggression are never acceptable and do not align with who we are at CISD and our core values."

But the statement was woefully inadequate for Pritmani's parents, who filed a Change.org petition that has received more than 360,000 signatures.

In it, they demand that Pritmani's aggressor be expelled and say their son feels unsafe at Coppell. It reads:

"Due to lack of support from the Coppell ISD and Coppell PD to correctly handle this assault, we are demanding that the aggressor be removed from my son's school immediately."
"Shaan should never have to take a class, interact, or pass the hallways with this aggressor ever again."

Many on Twitter agreed, and found the incident egregious and shocking.









Pritmani's parents are said to have sought legal representation while they await the results of the school's internal investigation.

More from Trending

Donald Trump
Roberto Schmidt/Getty Images

The White House Swiftly Slammed After Boasting That Trump Is 'The Man Who Does It All'

The White House was mocked online after sharing a screenshot to boast that President Trump is "the man who does it all" after he provided some NFL commentary alongside Fox broadcasters during a Washington Commanders game on Sunday.

At no point did the White House note that Trump was booed by spectators multiple times during his appearance, including when he was introduced at halftime by the stadium announcer.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots of Manny Chavez
@TheTNHoller/X

Teen Breaks Down In Tears While Pleading With City Council To Do Something About ICE Raids

16-year-old Manny Chavez broke down in tears during a Hillsboro City Council meeting on Tuesday as he decried President Donald Trump's immigration crackdown and the ICE raids that have made him fear his own safety and that of his parents despite all of them being U.S. citizens.

Hillsboro, a Portland, Oregon, suburb with a significant Latino population, has been rocked by ICE raids; the Washington County Board of Commissioners last week declared a state of emergency in response to ICE activity.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from The Wall Street Journal's interview with Aaron Paul
@wsj/Instagram

Aaron Paul Reveals Daughter's Heartbreaking Response After He Vowed Not To Use His Phone Around Her

If we're honest with ourselves, most of us realize we spend too much time on these small computers that we take everywhere we go. Between social media and gaming options, it's safe to say a lot of people are addicted to the constant spikes of dopamine available at the swipe of a finger.

But what we don't talk about enough is the impact that this is likely having on our children, especially Gen Alpha kids, who are the first to be raised entirely in a screen-dependent and social-media-crazed world.

Keep ReadingShow less
James Uthmeier
Dominic Gwinn/Middle East Images/AFP via Getty Images

Florida AG Ripped After Demanding Christmas Drag Show At Theater Be Canceled Since Kids Could Be Nearby

Florida Attorney General James Uthmeier was widely mocked for demanding that a Christmas-theme drag show in Pensacola be shut down due to the fact that family-friendly Winterfest will be happening at the same time, even though the drag show he's so upset about is happening inside a theater, away from view.

The Saenger Theatre is set to host A Drag Queen Christmas on December 23. According to the event’s website, attendees can “expect a fabulous remix of classic Christmas hits, dazzling themed variety performances, and interactive moments to share your Christmas cheer.”

Keep ReadingShow less
Oscar Isaac
Manuel Velasquez/Getty Images

Oscar Isaac Has Mic Drop Response After Being Asked If He'd Do Another 'Star Wars' Movie With Disney

Though Jimmy Kimmel was suspended from ABC and his show was removed entirely from the Disney+ network for four days, the conversation around his suspension has continued to make waves.

Some actors have spoken out about Disney's involvement in Kimmel's censorship and their unwillingness to work with the platform in the future. Though he's worked with them in past and current projects, Oscar Isaac is now among the actors who have spoken out.

Keep ReadingShow less