Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

'James Bond' Actor George Lazenby Apologizes After Being Fired From Tour For Homophobic Remarks

'James Bond' Actor George Lazenby Apologizes After Being Fired From Tour For Homophobic Remarks
JOCE/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images

Actor George Lazenby, who played James Bond in the 1969 film On Her Majesty's Secret Service, has been dropped from a tour bearing his name after several complaints about homophobic and sexist remarks he made onstage.

The remarks reportedly occurred during a performance of the Music of James Bond with George Lazenby tour in Perth, Australia.


A person who attended the show called into an Australian radio station and detailed the remarks Lazenby made, which the attendee said also included slights directed at Queen Elizabeth II the day after she passed last week.

The caller told radio station 6pr:

“He spent all of the interview just talking about basically his sexual conquests, he was homophobic, he swore, he certainly wasn’t talking about his Bond movies, he downplayed the Queen a day after she died."
"It was absolutely unbelievable."

The caller went on to talk of a disturbing story Lazenby related about pursuing a woman at a pub in London.

"At one point he named an Australian cricketer whose daughter he was chasing and he said he dragged the daughter out of the pub and put her in the car in London, which again is of course horrific.”

Lazenby's exact words are unknown. But on Twitter, other attendees provided further details of what Lazenby allegedly said that indicated it was an anecdote about him sexually assaulting the woman.

The caller also said Lazenby named several women he had slept with over the years, which they said was particularly inappropriate given the family atmosphere of the show.

“There were a lot families who had brought their kids probably to their first ever classical music concert."
“It wasn’t even charming, it wasn’t even funny. It was creepy, it was offensive… It was absolutely horrific behavior.”

Lazenby responded to the uproar with a thread on Twitter.

He apologized for his remarks and said the offense they caused was unintentional. Lazenby also mentioned the respect he has for "friends within my close circle who are gay" and the "strong women" in his life.

But the apology did little to quell the controversy. The West Australian Symphony Orchestra, which was part of the event, released a statement on the matter condemning Lazenby's comments.

“Mr Lazenby’s recollections were personal views and they are totally unacceptable."
“His views are not shared or endorsed by WASO or Perth Concert Hall.”

Despite the comments, many rushed to Lazenby's defense, casting the uproar as yet another incidence of "wokeness" gone wild.

But most people on Twitter were disgusted, and Lazenby's apology thread rang hollow.






The show's production company, Concertworks, confirmed via its legal counsel that the show's final performance this weekend in Melbourne would play without his participation after it had received multiple complaints about Lazenby's comments in Perth.

More from Entertainment/celebrities

Screenshot of Lisa and Dr. Mehmet Oz
The Katie Miller Podcast

Dr. Oz Accidentally Tells The Truth About The Trump Administration's Gaslighting—And Yeah, That Tracks

Speaking on the podcast of former Trump administration official Katie Miller, Dr. Mehmet Oz, Trump's administrator of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, accidentally told the truth about the administration's gaslighting of the American public.

Oz admitted that people "might not like us" but then had a Freudian slip that says all you need to know about an administration that is called out on a daily basis for openly lying and obfuscating.

Keep ReadingShow less
Karoline Leavitt
Saul Loeb/AFP via Getty Images

Karoline Leavitt Gets Awkward Reminder After Claiming Anything On Truth Social Is 'Directly From President Trump'

During the Wednesday press briefing, White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt directly contradicted her boss, MAGA Republican President Donald Trump.

Leavitt told the White House press corps:

Keep ReadingShow less
Keke Palmer attends the 8th Annual American Black Film Festival Honors at SLS Hotel.
Savion Washington/WireImage via Getty Images

Keke Palmer Explains Why She's 'Almost 100% Sure' She's Asexual In Candid Post—And Fans Are Here For Her

Keke Palmer had the internet talking after revealing she is “almost 100 percent sure” that she’s asexual. The Emmy-winning actress shared the revelation in a sultry Valentine’s Day Instagram post featuring a chic pixie cut, a champagne-toned halter corset top, a thin gold necklace, and stud earrings.

But while the photos turned heads, it was her caption that sparked the conversation.

Keep ReadingShow less
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups; Brad Reese's Open Letter to Todd Scott
Julia Ewan/TWP/Getty Images; Brad Reese/LinkedIn

Grandson Of Reese's Founder Shames Hershey Co. For 'Replacing' Candy's Iconic Ingredients In Powerful Open Letter

Brad Reese, the grandson of H.B. Reese, who invented Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, is now speaking up about the quality of the product and his grandfather's original promise: real peanut butter and real milk chocolate.

When H.B. Reese invented the deliciously simple candy, he pointed out that using real ingredients wasn't a marketing tactic for him; it was a promise to the consumer that they knew what they were eating, and that what they were eating was real food.

Keep ReadingShow less
Elon Musk
Harun Ozalp/Anadolu via Getty Images

X User Asks What The First Thing You'd Do If You 'Wake Up As Elon Musk'—And Everyone Had The Same Idea

Billionaire Elon Musk was widely mocked on his own platform after X user @buffys opened a veritable Pandora's box by asking what people would do if they woke up as him one day.

The question was simple:

Keep ReadingShow less