Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Man Offers Warning After Parents And Brother Who Refused Vaccine All Die Of Virus Within Days Of Each Other

Man Offers Warning After Parents And Brother Who Refused Vaccine All Die Of Virus Within Days Of Each Other
Francis Basil Goncalves/Facebook

In the span of one week, Cardiff based chef Francis Goncalves lost both of his parents as well as his younger brother to Covid-19.

Goncalves' parents and brother were all living in Portugal at the time. According to Wales Online he believes his father caught the disease after being in the hospital to be treated for kidney stones and spread it to his mother and brother at a subsequent meal.


After all three were hospitalized, Goncalves' younger brother, Shaul, 40, died on July 17, his father Basil, 73, on July 20, and his mother Charmagne, 65, on July 24.

While Goncalves made every effort to be with his family before they passed, his father and brother were both gone before his arrival. When he did finally arrive, his mother had been put into a medically induced coma.

While his parents both had underlying health issues, Goncalves told The Independent his younger brother, Shaul was "the healthiest person" he knew.

"If he wasn't working out in the gym or running, he was going on walks."
"He hadn't drunk in 15 years and had a plant-based diet."

There was one unfortunate factor his parents and brother did have in common, however.

All three refused to receive a Covid-19 vaccine.

Goncalves blamed fearmongering from anti-vaxxers as the reason behind his family's refusal to get vaccinated, ultimately costing them their lives.

"It preys on people who are afraid and they fall into the trap."
"The message I want to get out is why would the government want to hurt you by giving you a vaccine? What is the purpose behind it?"
"I've spoken to so many people who are terrified of the vaccine and it costs lives.

Goncalves told BBC News while he doesn't expect his grief will end any time soon, the outpouring of love and condolences he's received from friends and family has greatly helped him get through this incredibly hard time.

"People have contacted me and offered condolences - I haven't gone through a day since without someone getting in touch."

The 43-year-old chef also posted a haunting photo of his family in their coffins on Twitter, all the while making a plea not to give in to propaganda and fearmongering.

After reading about his Tragic story, Goncalves received support and sympathy on Twitter.







Many used this tragedy as a lesson in not giving in to baseless propaganda and believing reputable doctors and science.



Goncalves' family is currently buried in a communal graveyard dedicated to Covid-19 victims in Lisbon, Portugal.

While he hopes to move them one day, telling The Independent the location doesn't represent his family, he's not sure that will ever happen.

"They said the entire time during Covid they'd never had three bodies brought in together from the same family."
"...unfortunately not knowing enough about Covid there is no intention of moving them ever."

In a heartbreaking interview with Sky News, Goncalves said how difficult it was to plan and witness a funeral for three of his family members.

He went on to say "misinformation" should be called "disinformation", and if his family had gotten vaccinated, at least one of them would still be alive today.

More from Trending

dog and cat snuggling together
Krista Mangulsone on Unsplash

Times Pet Owners 'Severely Underestimated' Their Pets' Intelligence

I've lived with cats—because no one owns a feline—most of my life. Some have been very clever creatures while others were real dingbats.

Family members have owned dogs whose talents also ran the gamut.

Keep ReadingShow less
Scott Bessent
Meet the Press/NBC News

Scott Bessent Blasted Over His Bonkers Suggestion For How To Bring Your Own Inflation Rate Down

Continuing to follow the example of MAGA Republican President Donald Trump, Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent appeared on Meet the Press Sunday to blame Democratic President Joe Biden for the financial downturn caused by Trump's tariff fiasco, then lied repeatedly about the state of the economy.

Meet the Press host Kristen Welker played a clip of MAGA Republican Vice President JD Vance telling a conservative audience at a Breitbart News event that Americans owe the Trump administration "a little bit of patience"—apparently while they figure out what tariffs are and how they work since they're rolling back more of them to lower consumer prices despite claiming Trump's tariffs don't affect consumer prices.

Keep ReadingShow less
Lindsay Lohan attends the men's final during day fifteen of the 2025 US Open Tennis Championships at USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center.
Elsa/Getty Images

Lindsay Lohan Is Now Sporting A New Accent—And Fans Aren't Sure What To Make Of It

In a twist freakier than a sequel to Freaky Friday, Lindsay Lohan has debuted yet another new accent—this time at the Fashion Trust Arabia Awards in Doha, Qatar.

Draped in a maroon, jewel-trimmed gown by The New Arrivals Ilkyaz Ozel and accompanied by her husband, Bader Shammas, and their 2-year-old son, Luai, the actress looked serene, elegant, and completely unbothered by the collective whiplash she was about to inflict on the internet.

Keep ReadingShow less
Jameela Jamil
Gilbert Flores/Variety/Getty Images

Jameela Jamil Speaks Out Against The Rise Of The 'Aesthetic Of Emaciation' Among Women In Hollywood

Content Warning: eating disorders, thinness as an aesthetic, emaciation in Hollywood

There's no denying that we've been gifted with some incredible music, television shows, and films this year.

Keep ReadingShow less
Donald Trump; Screenshot of Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker in "Rush Hour 2"
Andrew Caballero-Reynolds/AFP via Getty Images; New Line Cinema

Trump Is Now Using His Presidential Sway To Pressure Studio Into Making 'Rush Hour 4'—And, Huh?

President Trump has reportedly pressured Paramount head Larry Ellison to make another sequel to Rush Hour, his favorite buddy-cop movie, as the company looks to acquire Warner Bros. Discovery.

The first Rush Hour film, starring Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker, was released in 1998, received positive reviews, and made $245 million worldwide. Chan and Tucker returned for two sequels released in 2001 and 2007 respectively.

Keep ReadingShow less