Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Don Lemon Slams Elon Musk For Dropping His X Show After Their 'Tense' Interview Together

Don Lemon; Elon Musk
Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images for Blue Jacket Fashion Show, Steve Granitz/Getty Images

The former CNN anchor spoke out to confirm that his partnership with Musk and X is officially over after Musk apparently didn't like Lemon's line of questioning in the show's debut episode.

Former CNN anchor Don Lemon announced that his new online partnership with X (formerly Twitter), which intended to amplify "diverse voices" on the platform, was canceled after the interview he had with the platform's owner, SpaceX founder Elon Musk, went south.

News of the cancellation of The Don Lemon Show X partnership followed X CEO Linda Yaccarino's announcement on Tuesday that the social media platform would be a "video first platform."


Lemon said in a statement that Musk had publicly encouraged him to join X with a new show that would be given his full support.

He continued:

"I made the decision to work with them in a unique partnership that I believed would ultimately assure that my work would be available to most people, in the largest venue."

Lemon claimed "There were no restrictions on the interview that [Musk] willingly agreed to" and that his questions were "respectful and wide-ranging, covering everything from SpaceX to the presidential election."

However, Musk's pulling the plug on their collaboration indicated he felt differently even after he thought they had a "good conversation."

Said Lemon:

"His commitment to a global town square where all questions can be asked and all ideas can be shared seems not to include questions of him from people like me."


@donlemonofficial/Instagram


Lemon followed the announcement with a video post expounding on the canceled X project after Musk, who proclaimed he was a free speech "absolutist", was extremely upset from their "tense" interview.

"Apparently, free speech absolutism doesn't apply when it comes to questions about him from people like me," he told followers in the video.

He also said the interview would still air in full on YouTube and even on X.

CNN aired select clips from the 90-minute interview that allegedly led to Musk's decision to pull the plug on his partnership with Lemon.

In one of the clips, Lemon asked if Musk and X had a responsibility to moderate hate speech on his platform given the rise in hateful and extremist content since his acquisition of X in October 2022.

You can see his awkward reply below.

Musk said:

“I don’t have to answer questions from reporters, Don."
“The only reason I’m doing this interview is because you’re on the X platform and you asked for it. Otherwise, I would not do this interview.”

Lemon also pressed him about a meeting Musk had with former Republican President Donald Trump.

CNN had previously confirmed news of the meeting between Musk and Trump.

The ex-President had been hosting donors at Mar-a-Lago in Florida seeking to raise money for his troubled campaign as he's been penalized over half a billion dollars across three civil cases, primarily for New York business fraud.

“I was at a breakfast at a friend’s place and Donald Trump came by. That’s it,” said Musk, adding that the GOP presidential frontrunner did “most of the talking.”

Musk confirmed he was "not paying [Trump's] legal bills in any way shape or form.”

In his Instagram video, Lemon said he was very much aware of the opposition to him teaming up with Musk but remained resolute in pursuing the partnership anyway.

He explained:

"I just want you to know that I did this deal not because not only do I believe in free speech, but I believed that this was the best possible chance for the work that I'm doing to reach the largest amount of people."

Social media users weighed in with their thoughts following Lemon's announcement.








The conversation continued on Instagram.

@donlemonofficial/Instagram



@donlemonofficial/Instagram



@donlemonofficial/Instagram



@donlemonofficial/Instagram



@donlemonofficial/Instagram

Lemon said the interview will be the first episode of The Don Lemon Show which will be shown on YouTube on March 18.

Lemon also said he was posting the episode on X.

More from People

Kid Rock
Todd Kirkland/Getty Images

Kid Rock Dragged After Donning A Truly Over-The-Top Outfit For His White House Visit

Singer Kid Rock was slammed for wearing a loud patriotic costume inside the Oval Office as Republican President Donald Trump signed an executive order on Monday against ticket scalping.

The rocker's outfit consisted of a red, white, and blue jacket emblazoned with two eagles facing each other above the American flag with the number 250, a nod to America's upcoming 250th anniversary, and white stars on his sleeves.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of Bill Cassidy
CNBC

MAGA Senator Just Said The Quiet Part Out Loud With Epic Freudian Slip About Medicare

Louisiana Republican Senator Bill Cassidy was widely mocked following his inconvenient slip of the tongue during a CNBC interview as he mused about finding ways to "cut" Medicare before quickly correcting himself.

The exchange occurred after host Rebecca Quick pressed Louisiana Republican and former physician Bill Cassidy on how his party intended to fund the “trillion-dollar tax cuts” sought by President Donald Trump.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of Tim Sheehy
CNN

GOP Senator Gets Blunt Reality Check After Comparing Trump Tariff 'Pain' To Home Renovation

Montana Republican Senator Tim Sheehy was criticized after he tried to compare the "short-term pain" of President Donald Trump's tariffs to home renovation, a claim so ridiculous that CNN's Kaitlan Collins quickly pushed back on the analogy.

Trump has repeatedly referred to April 2 as “Liberation Day,” pledging to impose tariffs—taxes on imports—to reduce U.S. reliance on foreign goods. He has framed these tariffs as “reciprocal,” aiming to match the duties other nations place on American exports.

Keep ReadingShow less
Susan Crawford; Elon Musk
Scott Olson/Getty Images (left and right)

Liberal Wisconsin Judge Calls Out Elon Musk In Victory Speech—And It's Everything

Liberal judge Susan Crawford called out billionaire Elon Musk in her victory speech after winning a seat on the Wisconsin Supreme Court, basking in successfully beating her Republican opponent Brad Schimel and ensuring that the nonpartisan court’s narrow 4-3 liberal majority remains intact despite Musk's efforts to sway the race.

Musk fueled the high-stakes race, having poured more than $20 million into supporting Schimel, according to state campaign records. That includes $3 million to the state Republican Party—$2 million of which was donated just last week. Due to state election laws, large contributions must be funneled through political parties before reaching candidates.

Keep ReadingShow less

People Describe The Worst 'Bonus' They've Ever Gotten At Work

Most of us have worked at one problematic workplace, with reasons ranging from toxic coworkers to terrible bosses to unlivable pay. Sometimes, it feels like a joke that the employees are even being paid at all!

But the biggest joke of all might be the end-of-year bonus, or lack thereof. They're at times so laughable, they take the cake for horrible work conditions, or are quite literally, a slice of cake.

Keep ReadingShow less