Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Celine Dion Reflects On 'Dream' Of Performing Again Amid Stiff Person Syndrome Battle

Celine Dion
VALERIE MACON/AFP via Getty Images

The singer told 'Vogue France' about her experience with the neurological disorder, saying that getting back to performing is 'the dream.'

In a new interview with Vogue France Celine Dion opened up about her battle with stiff person syndrome (SPS) and talked about the "dream" of performing again one day.

Dion was diagnosed with SPS—an autoimmune disorder that causes muscle stiffness and spasms and sometimes unsteady gait, double vision or slurred speech—in December 2022, and though she makes few public appearances, she has used her platform to speak on living with the neurological disorder.


Last month, the singer took to Instagram to recognize SPS Awareness Day, writing:

"Today the world recognizes International SPS Awareness Day."
"As many of you know, in the fall of 2022, I was diagnosed with Stiff Person Syndrome (SPS). Trying to overcome this autoimmune disorder has been one of the hardest experiences of my life, but I remain determined to one day get back onto the stage and to live as normal of a life as possible."
"I am deeply grateful for the love and support from my kids, family, team and all of you!"

Dion finished her caption with a message of encouragement.

"I want to send my encouragement and support to all those around the world that have been affected by SPS."
"I want you to know you can do it! We can do it!"

And now in her cover story for Vogue France, the Grammy winner maintains her positive disposition despite setbacks she's faced so far.

She told the publication:

“I haven’t beat the disease, as it’s still within me and always will be."
“I hope that we’ll find a miracle, a way to cure it with scientific research, but for now I have to learn to live with it.”

Dion undergoes “athletic, physical and vocal therapy” five days a week, but she says she'll do what it takes to "be the best I can be."

“The way I see it, I have two choices."
"Either I train like an athlete and work super hard, or I switch off and it’s over, I stay at home, listen to my songs, stand in front of my mirror and sing to myself."
"I’ve chosen to work with all my body and soul, from head to toe, with a medical team. I want to be the best I can be. My goal is to see the Eiffel Tower again!”

And though Dion did share a stage with Taylor Swift when she presented her with the Album of the Year Grammy in February, the singer is unsure when she'll be able to perform again, though it is still “the dream."

"... for four years I’ve been saying to myself that I’m not going back, that I’m ready, that I’m not ready."
“As things stand, I can’t stand here and say to you: ‘Yes, in four months.’"
"I don’t know...My body will tell me.”

While people on social media do want to see Dion on the stage again, they also respect that she is doing what is best for her health.







And they can't get over that cover shoot, either.



In a new documentary set to come out on June 25, Dion gives more insight into living with SPS.

A press release for I Am: Celine Dion states:

“This intimate exploration takes viewers on a journey inside Celine’s past and present as she reveals her battle with stiff person syndrome (SPS) and the lengths she has gone to continue performing for her beloved and loyal fans."
“From visiting her couture touring wardrobe and personal effects to spending time in the recording studio, the documentary captures a global megastar’s never-before-seen private life."
"An emotional, energetic, and poetic love letter to music, ‘I Am: Celine Dion’ captures more than a year of filming as the legendary singer navigates her journey toward living an open and authentic life amidst illness.”

The documentary will be available on Amazon Prime Video.

More from News/science

Keith Ervin
WJHL/YouTube

Tennessee High Schooler Rips Into 'Cowards' On School Board For Not Firing Colleague Who Called Her 'Hot' In Scathing Takedown

A Tennessee community is in an uproar after a school board member has been allowed to keep his job after making an inappropriate comment to a high schooler.

Washington County high schooler Hannah Campbell delivered a scathing takedown of board member Keith Ervin, who called her "hot" during a public meeting in April.

Keep ReadingShow less
Donald Trump
Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images

Trump Claims The White House Was 'A Sh*t House' When He Moved Back In—And Everyone Had The Same Response

MAGA Republican President Donald Trump has made significant, controversial changes to the White House since he took up residence for his second term on January 20, 2025.

The renovations in just over one year include installing pavers to replace the grass in the Rose Garden, adding gold decor throughout the building and especially in the Oval Office, renovating the Lincoln bathroom to add marble and more gold fixtures, adding gold signs for White House features like it's one of Trump's resorts, hanging a plethora of massive portraits of himself in gaudy gold frames, and demolishing the entire East Wing of the building to erect a self-described monument to himself, an unpopular golden ballroom that will dwarf the rest of the building.

Keep ReadingShow less
Trump Mobile phone; Screenshot of Trump supporter complaining about Trump Mobile
Joe Raedle/Getty Images; @codenamesteev/TikTok

MAGA Melts Down Hard After Learning They May Never Get Their 'Trump Mobile' Phones—Or Their Deposits Back

MAGA fans who signed up to get Trump Mobile T1 phones nearly a year ago are furious after learning there's no guarantee they'll ever get the phones they put down deposits for—and that these same deposits are now being described as merely a "conditional opportunity."

The Trump Mobile T1 phone was unveiled in June 2025 on the 10th anniversary of Trump’s original presidential campaign launch, marking the Trump brand’s debut in the mobile device and wireless service market. At the time, the company said the phone would be available in August.

Keep ReadingShow less
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
UChicago Institute of Politics/YouTube

People Are Applauding AOC's Refreshing Take On Her Political 'Ambition' After She Was Called Out As A 'Likely 2028 Presidential Candidate'

When asked about her future political ambitions during an appearance at the Institute of Politics at the University of Chicago, New York Democratic Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was notably candid, saying her "ambition is to change this country," as she ripped a Washington Post editorial that tried to knock her down a peg for her take on the morality of billionaires.

The progressive is not currently considered the frontrunner in early 2028 Democratic primary polling but some surveys suggest she has already emerged as a serious contender in what is expected to be a crowded field.

Keep ReadingShow less
Chelsea Handler unleashed one of the night’s most brutal roasts on Tony Hinchcliffe during Netflix’s The Roast of Kevin Hart.
Netflix / The Roast of Kevin Hart

Chelsea Handler Destroys MAGA Comedian With Hilariously Brutal Jokes At Kevin Hart's Roast—And We're Cheering

Chelsea Handler brought the heat to Netflix’s The Roast of Kevin Hart Sunday night, and Tony Hinchcliffe ended up taking some of the night’s most brutal hits.

Handler wasted little time zeroing in on Hinchcliffe, the controversial comedian who has repeatedly sparked backlash over jokes about George Floyd and Puerto Rico. She delivered a string of savage punchlines that left the audience roaring while the comic sat visibly unimpressed.

Keep ReadingShow less