Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Cameron Diaz Tells Gwyneth Paltrow How She's 'Found Peace' Since Quitting Hollywood In Revealing Interview

Cameron Diaz Tells Gwyneth Paltrow How She's 'Found Peace' Since Quitting Hollywood In Revealing Interview
goop/YouTube

It has been two years since Cameron Diaz's self-imposed retirement from Hollywood, and six years since her last appearance on screen.

Diaz, 47, sat down with her friend Gwyneth Paltrow and gave some insight into this retirement, and how it has changed her life—for the better.


Gwyneth Paltrow & Cameron Diaz: In Conversation | In goop Health: The Sessionswww.youtube.com

On an episode of "In goop Health: The Sessions," Paltrow posed the question to her friend about what it felt like to walk away from her very high-profile film career.

Diaz's answer:

"Like peace. A peace in my soul because I was finally taking care of myself."

"It was so intense to work at that level and be that public and put yourself out there," Diaz said, of being an actor.

"There's a lot of energy coming at you at all times when you're really visible as an actor and doing press and putting yourself out there."




After turning 40, Diaz "decided that [she] wanted different things out of life."

"I finally was taking care of myself...Actors are infantilized. We're put in a position where everything is taken care of for us..."I realized that I'd handed off parts of my life to all these other people, and I basically had to take it back."





Diaz's last on-screen role was in Will Gluck's 2014 film adaptation of Annie as Miss Hannigan.

Since then, she's gotten married to Benji Madden of Good Charlotte and given birth to a daughter, Raddix Madden.





We're happy that Diaz found peace, and we wish her well in her exploits going forward.

Which sounds like, according to the contents of this interview, wine.

Hey, whatever works.

More from Entertainment/tv-and-movies

Elon Musk Just Revealed His New Net Worth Goal After Hitting $800 Billion—And The Greed Is Off The Charts
Elon Musk Ripped After Setting Net Worth Goal To $10 Trillion

Elon Musk Just Revealed His New Net Worth Goal After Hitting $800 Billion—And The Greed Is Off The Charts

If you're wondering if there's an amount of money that would ever be "enough" for gazillionaire sociopath Elon Musk, the answer is apparently no.

He's already the world's richest man, with his net worth surpassing $800 billion in February after his company SpaceX acquired xAI earlier this year

Keep ReadingShow less
Donald Trump
Meidas Touch Network

Trump Just Tried To Impress Some Kids With His Putting Skills At A White House Physical Fitness Event—And It Went Hilariously Awry

MAGA Republican President Donald Trump signed a memo at the White House on Tuesday, reinstating the Presidential Fitness Test Award.

Seated at the C&O Desk—Trump removed the Resolute Desk in February of 2025 for some "light refinishing"—in the Oval Office, the POTUS was flanked by schoolchildren, professional athletes, and members of his cabinet during the event to mark National Youth Sports and Fitness Month.

Keep ReadingShow less
Chuck Schumer; Donald Trump
Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images; Andrew Harnik/Getty Images

Chuck Schumer Claps Back Hard After White House Shades Him With Racist Cinco De Mayo Meme

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer responded after the White House marked Cinco de Mayo on Tuesday by sharing a racist AI-generated meme of him and House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries celebrating the holiday.

In the image, the two men are depicted seated at a table near the border, wearing sombreros and raising margaritas in a toast, with a sign placed in front of them that reads: “I LOVE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.”

Keep ReadingShow less
Hannah Natanson
Tom Brenner/For The Washington Post via Getty Images

'Washington Post' Journalist Who Had Home Raided By Trump's FBI Just Won Pulitzer Prize—And Her Reaction In Viral Video Says It All

Washington Post journalist Hannah Natanson won the Pulitzer Prize for Public Service for her coverage of the Trump administration's disastrous DOGE initiative and her somber reaction to the news underscores how taxing the political environment has been for journalists just trying to do their jobs.

DOGE founder Elon Musk previously stated that his goal was to reduce federal spending by $2 trillion from the $6.75 trillion annual budget recorded in the 2024 fiscal year.

Keep ReadingShow less
Kid Cudi (left) removed M.I.A. (right) from his Rebel Ragers Tour following backlash over her onstage remarks.
Joseph Okpako/WireImage via Getty Images; Gilbert Carrasquillo/Getty Images

Rapper Kid Cudi Fires M.I.A. From His Tour After Her Rant About 'Illegals' Draws Instant Backlash

If M.I.A. was hoping for attention, she got it—just not the kind that comes with a tour slot. Following backlash over her rant about “illegals,” Kid Cudi made it clear he’s not co-signing the controversy, dropping her from his Rebel Ragers Tour with zero hesitation.

It all went down on May 2 at Dos Equis Pavilion in Dallas, where fans captured the British rapper in a monologue that quickly went viral online.

Keep ReadingShow less